Starting a website is one of the best ways to boost your business or brand online. Almost 80% of all B2B marketers use the website to reach their audience, and 58% use blogs, according to Content Marketing Institute.
However, WordPress is one of the most popular platforms for small business owners to set up a website or blog.
It’s true; WordPress is one of the most user-friendly tools for setting up your own website. If you’ve never had any experience with WordPress before, don’t worry; you’ll feel like an expert in no time.
This step by step guide will cover the following topics:
Table of Contents
Step 1: Choose a domain name
When getting started with WordPress, another crucial step to think about is choosing a domain name. This is because a domain name will represent your overall brand. Therefore, it must be well thought out.
What do Wikipedia, eBay, and Amazon have in common? A short and unique name that is easy to spell and remember. This is what a domain name should look like. You don’t want to alienate visitors with a name that’s hard to remember or to spell.
Step 2: Choose a WordPress hosting provider
To build a website with WordPress, you need to find the right web host. There are some important points to consider when choosing a hosting provider:
- What you need: How many resources will your website need, what is your plan for the next 12 months and how much do you think your site will grow.
- Uptime: A good web hosting provider with an uptime close to 99.99 % uptime or above. The visitor to your website will not have to wait long for it to open after clicking it.
- Customer service: You should choose a web hosting that can be able to assist you with a variety of problems and technical aspects when setup a WordPress site.
- Easy to use: Many website owners have no programming experience, so ideally the dashboard should be easy to navigate.
- Inexpensive: Budget and costs are important in the long run when building a website. You don’t want to pay more for a web host that doesn’t suit your needs well.
With the Bluehost web hosting, you will not have to worry about any of the previous points, since this hosting provider is cheap and of course, superior quality. They also offer live chat support that can connect you with our customer success agents in less than a minute. For the first year, price start from $2.95/month and all Bluehost plans provide a free domain name. You can use our link to get a discount for 63% Off and Free Domain Name in the 1st year.
Step 3: Installing WordPress On Your Hosting Platform
Once you have purchased your web hosting plan, next you need to install WordPress. Bluehost has a fantastic one-click WordPress installation tool.
The advantage of Bluehost web hosting is that integrating the web server with WordPress is really straightforward. When you log into BlueHost, it should be immediately obvious:
1. Log in to Bluehost
To begin, log in to Bluehost
- Go to your new Bluehost account and log in.
- Select My Sites from the drop-down menu.
- In the top-right corner, click the Create Site button.
2. Fill in your website’s information
The next step is to fill in some basic information about your websites, such as the Site Name and Tagline, etc. Don’t stress too much; you can always modify these later:
- The address of your WordPress website or your registered domain.
- The username you’ll use to log into the WordPress dashboard is the admin username.
- The password that you must input to access the WordPress administrative section is called the administrator password.
- Admin Email – This is an active email address that will be used for password resets and notifications.
- Website Title: Your website’s title.
- Tagline: A tagline for your website is a quick summary of what your site is about.
- Select Install from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: Choose the right WordPress Themes
When creating a website in WordPress, you need to ensure that it looks and functions properly.
Different styles and themes may be required for different types of blogs and websites. The best part about creating a website using WordPress is that there are a ton of WordPress Themes to pick from.
Here are the best fastest WordPress themes we’d recommend:
- Astra Theme — It is a great multi-purpose theme that is not only fast but contains tons of customization options for your dream website. It includes several pre-designed templates to choose from, but if something is pending, you can modify them to your fondness.
- GeneratePress — GeneratePress takes you to the next level of WordPress website builder with hundreds of customization features, professionally designed starter sites, and block-based theme creation.
- Avada Theme — Avada is one of the best multi-purpose WordPress themes as it offers a long list of demos to cater to your needs. More than 50 demos are available for immediate use or to mix with each other and create the site of your dreams.
- Divi Theme — Divi is a popular name among WordPress users, and it’s a popular WordPress theme. Divi is Elegant Themes’ great product and a trusted name in the business, with thousands of customers. It’s a multipurpose/multi-niche theme with a ton of features and customization.
You can look through Themeforest to discover thousands of easy-to-customize themes, templates & CMS products, made by world-class web designers. Pick one that best fits your requirements!
Step 5: Install WordPress Plugins
When you build a website in WordPress, it is absolutely necessary to have the installation of plugins that will help you in its management.
WordPress has a plethora of plugins that may be used to improve the functioning of your site, including administrative enhancements, website security, and much more.
Here are some of the essential plugins you can start with:
- Page Builders —WordPress Page Builders is the tool that allows WordPress users to easily create a website with a drag-and-drop builder.
- Yoast SEO — Yoast is one of the best search engine optimization (SEO) plugins. It enables you to publish higher-quality, search-engine-friendly material.
- W3 Total Cache — This add-on plugin makes your site load faster on subsequent visits on the devices of your visitors.
- WPForms — WPForms is the most user-friendly WordPress contact form plugin. It allows you to create contact forms, email subscription forms, online order forms, payment forms, surveys, polls, and virtually any other type of online form with our drag-and-drop online form builder.
As you can see, creating a WordPress website is not complicated. There are plenty of resources online that can help you to build your first website with WordPress.
So get started today, and remember that if you ever get stuck, the WordPress Community is a great place to turn for help.