Email marketing is still an important approach for marketing and sale teams in a variety of sectors and business types today. As a result, an email marketing service provider is one of the first tools added to a marketer’s tool belt at expanding businesses – and for good reason.
Although, email marketing software is much more than a tool for sending and tracking emails. It increases your audience, segments your lists, and merges all of your marketing channels with this software, which turns it into a powerful solution for growing your business and increasing revenue.
But where do you start with so many email marketing services available today? Which tool is best for your company’s specific needs, and how can you tell one tool from the next?
In this guide to email marketing services, we’ll cover those questions – let’s get started.
Email Marketing Software Overviews
|Email Marketing||Price from||Details||Visit the Website|
|$15/month||View Details||Go to GetResponse|
|$29/month||View Details||Go to ConvertKit|
|$20/month||View Details||Go to Constant Contact|
|$10/month||View Details||Go to MailerLite|
|$19/month||View Details||Go to AWeber|
|$16/month||View Details||Go to Omnisend|
|$9.99/month||View Details||Go to Mailchimp|
|$50/month||View Details||Go to HubSpot|
|$19/month||View Details||Go to Drip|
GetResponse is a creative business solution for small to large companies that delivers streamlined marketing automation for both small and large firms. GetResponse was founded in 1998 and now serves 350,000 businesses through its email marketing platform.
GetResponse is also a scalable email marketing automation software that helps you grow your sales by sending emails and creating pages to automate your marketing without wasting time. You may use it to build an email marketing list, host webinars, send thank-you emails, provide special offers, automate marketing, and much more. Chats, funnels, and paid adverts are among the new capabilities offered by GetResponse.
- Intelligent list automation
- Design and spam testing
- Conversion Funnel and landing page feature
- Live chat
- Google and social media ads feature
- No free plan
- Automations only available on higher-tier plans
GetResponse offers a 30-day free trial. There is no free plan, instead, you will receive four different variations of plans. Please see the tables below for more information.
- Basic — Starting at $15 per month
- Plus — Starting at $49 per month
- Professional — Starting at $99 per month
ConvertKit is one of my favorite email marketing providers. It’s an excellent option for all types of creators. Influencers, bloggers, video makers, musicians, artists, and others fall under this category. That’s because their platform focuses on using landing pages, eCommerce platforms, and membership sites to engage and nurture your audience.
You’ll be able to generate leads from visitors to your social media accounts, blogs, YouTube videos, Facebook pages, and other websites.
ConvertKit integrates all of your subscribers into one list, rather than having multiple lists. However, you’ll be able to manually tag them for segmentation purposes or use auto tags based on their activity to boost campaign customization. That’s fantastic for content creators with large audiences.
- Free for 1,000 subscribers
- Powerful automation and tagging
- Great integration with services like teachable
- You’re not charged for multiple subscribers
- Free trial available
- Potentially expensive for new content creators
- Doesn’t offer advanced template customization
- Automations can get confusing
ConvertKit is a great solution for people looking to create automated email funnels at a low cost. ConvertKit’s pricing is defined by the number of subscribers you have, like most email marketing software.
- Up to 1,000 Subscribers — $29 per month
- Up to 3,000 Subscribers — $49 per month
- Up to 5,000 Subscribers — $79 per month
You’ll get a free concierge migration service if you switch to ConvertKit with more than 5,000 subscribers. If you join up for an annual plan, you can save money and get two months free.
More than 70 third-party direct integrations, customizable forms, and custom reports are available through ConvertKit. Monday through Friday, email and live chat are available for 12 hours a day, with limited help accessible on nights and weekends.
Constant Contact is a fantastic tool that we recommend to those of you who are just getting started with email marketing.
This is due to their user-friendly drag-and-drop email builder. It enables you to quickly produce fresh emails that are visually appealing and consistent with your brand—no coding skills required. Text, images, videos, coupons, polls, and events may all be easily added to any message.
Over 100 email templates are included in the service, which you may use as-is or customize. You may easily schedule your email to send to your contacts at any time once it looks good.
- Intuitive and elegant UI
- High deliverability rates
- Offers social media campaign integration
- Selection of commerce and event integrations
- Templates don’t offer much flexibility
- Limited automation
- Pricing will add up once you have thousands of contacts
Constant Contact offers a 60-day free trial, which is one of the greatest deals in the business.
Constant Contact’s email software has a simple pricing structure. You can select between two plans: Email and Email Plus.
Here’s what some of the prices look like for each plan:
- 0 – 500 Subscribers — Starting at $20 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers — Starting at $45 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers — Starting at $65 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers — Starting at $95 per month
- 0 – 500 Subscribers — Starting at $45 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers — Starting at $70 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers — Starting at $95 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers — Starting at $125 per month
These tiers go all the way up to 50,000. You’ll be automatically upgraded to the Email Plus plan if you reach 10,000 subscribers.
The cheaper package will provide for a basic and professional email. However, I highly recommend you to use Email Plus if you want to get the most out of your email marketing.
MailerLite is the most user-friendly email marketing software since it offers a drag-and-drop interface that creates the design you want. The software has a clean and simple design because simplicity is at the heart of the company’s goal.
- Drag-and-drop interface makes it easy to design emails
- Free plan for up to 1,000 contacts
- 24/7 live chat and email support
- Lots of email templates to choose from
- Doesn’t include CRM functionalities
- Limited integrations
- Need to provide a lot of company information to get an account set up
MailerLite has created a superior user-friendly platform. If users have any issues, there is a live chat available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer questions and troubleshoot.
It offers a free subscription with 1,000 subscribers and 12,000 email sends that lasts forever. A premium plan is available if you require more bandwidth or advanced capabilities (such as the ability to remove MailerLite branding). The price is determined by the number of subscribers you have. You have the option to pay monthly or annually, however, a yearly plan saves you 30%. Nonprofits will get a 30% discount.
Here is a breakdown of the price:
- Up to 1,000 contacts — $10 per month
- 1,001 to 2,500 contacts — $15 per month
- 2,501 to 5,000 contacts — $30 per month
- 5,001 to 10,000 contacts — $50 per month
Aweber is currently one of the most popular email marketing software services (and has been for years). This is due to the fact that the company not only provides over 150 customizable email design possibilities, but also gives you complete control over when, how, and where your emails are sent.
AWeber’s goal is to make segmenting contacts, designing a professional email, and nurturing leads simple for individuals who are just starting with email marketing.
Aweber provides you with all of the tools you need to run an effective email marketing campaign. You have an easy-to-use interface and a great support system that makes it simple to start and manage your email campaign.
- Unlimited emails
- Great help materials
- Low-cost plans
- Extensive reporting capabilities
- No free plans
- Cannot import from Gmail or third-party address books
- No Google Analytics
- Imports take a long time
The price is simply based on the quantity of subscribers on your list. So if you have 20 or 20,000 contacts, you’ll get the same features.
Here’s an overview of the pricing tiers:
- 0 – 500 Subscribers — $19 per month
- 501 – 2,500 Subscribers — $29 per month
- 2,501 – 5,000 Subscribers — $49 per month
- 5,001 – 10,000 Subscribers — $69 per month
- 10,001 – 25,000 Subscribers — $149 per month
Omnisend is an eCommerce-specific email marketing solution that’s simple to use. In order to convert leads into customers, they offer a variety of options such as automated email and SMS messaging.
They achieve this by going above and beyond the ordinary, combining text messaging, web browser push notifications, email marketing, Google Customer Match, and Facebook ad retargeting to ensure you reach the highest potential audience.
Segmented campaigns are possible across all of their channels. As a result, you’ll be able to target the precise buyer for your product or service.
- High email marketing conversion rates and sales
- A library of customizable templates for emails and social media marketing
- The ability to incorporate discount codes, gifts vouchers, scratch cards, along with the ability to pick products directly from the site in marketing campaigns, to improve click-through-rates
- Easy integration with established as well as trending eCommerce platforms.
- No custom themes are available for holiday marketing
- There’s been a steady increase in pricing plans over the years, with no change in the features being offered
- Every new social media campaign needs data to be input from scratch
Their library of themed drag-and-drop templates makes it simple to create beautiful, on-brand emails.
The number of contacts you have determines the annual plans and costs. Based on 500 contacts, here’s what it’ll look like:
- 15,000 subscribers – Free
- Standard (Up to 15,000 subscribers) – Starting at $16 per month
- Pro (Up to 15,000 subscribers & free SMS credits) – Starting at $99 per month
- Enterprise (Unlimited emails) – Custom pricing
Mailchimp is an exceptional email marketing software because it contains the features that most businesses require without being too complicated, Businesses may schedule campaigns, A/B test material, and receive reports on open rates, click-through rates, and unsubscribe rates, among other metrics. Plus, of all the software we reviewed, it boasts the most generous free-forever programs.
- Free-forever plan (up to 2,000 contacts)
- Easy to build and customize campaigns
- Clear reporting that helps optimize future sends
- Integrates with hundreds of software platforms
- Pricey for larger contact lists (more than 15k subscribers)
- No phone support
- Not designed for advanced marketing teams
Mailchimp’s free plan allows you to send up to 10,000 emails each month and includes up to 2,000 contacts. Its platform is one of the most user-friendly, featuring drag-and-drop options for customizing your emails.
Aside from the free plan, there are three paid options that cost different amounts depending on how many subscribers you have (nonprofits get a 15% discount):
- Essentials — $9.99 to $270 per month
- Standard — $14.99 to $540 per month
- Premium — $299 to $1,190 per month
Mailchimp is the ideal solution for any company searching for a straightforward way to communicate with their customers via email. It contains a simple email editor, and when you upgrade to the first subscription plan, you have access to more advanced features like A/B testing and multi-step journeys.
Users will like the simple reporting that allows them to see what is working and what isn’t. Open rates and click-throughs are easily identifiable, allowing business owners to see how well their material is being received.
Because it includes amazing tools and reporting for all of your marketing efforts across numerous channels, Hubspot has become the best all-in-one marketing suite (website, social, email marketing, and more). With Hubspot’s CRM, you can save all of your contact information and reach out to potential customers via lead forms, live chat, and online ads.
- Full marketing suite with CRM, social media, blogging, as well as email marketing capabilities
- Email health tab helps keep deliverability rates on track
- Only pay for the contacts you are marketing to
- Track leads throughout their buying journey
- Helpful online training resources
- Does not have a free-forever plan or a low-cost plan
- Not for businesses strictly looking for email marketing tools
- Difficult to integrate a separate CRM, like Salesforce or Pipedrive
- The steep learning curve to fully unlock the marketing potential
Hubspot is a leader in customer relationship management (CRM) services, which includes email marketing. The software is the best platform for an all-in-one marketing solution because it can manage everything from emails to social media postings to blog writing.
There is a 14-day free trial, after which you must choose one of their three paid programs. While it is free to save an endless number of contacts, you will be charged an extra price whenever the number of contacts you email exceeds the specified limits. If you pay annually, you can save 10% on the first two plans (the Enterprise plan must be paid annually).
- Starter (up to 1,000 contacts) — $50 per month
- Professional (up to 2,000 contacts) — $890 per month
- Enterprise (up to 10,000 contacts) — $3,200 per month
Drip is the best email marketing software for e-commerce enterprises because of its comprehensive processes and advanced list segmentation. Subscribers will receive personalized emails driven by their shopping habits on your site, as well as timely follow-ups depending on how they interact with your emails, as a result of this combination.
- Simple yet powerful drip campaigns
- Easy to set up and use
- Excellent customer support
- Sophisticated contact list segmentation
- Lacks a few key integrations
- No drag-and-drop functionality for designing templates
- Support only available weekdays from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST
Drip is the best email marketing software for e-commerce enterprises because it is designed to improve the online user experience for shoppers. Its user support team is available to assist with difficulties related to the service’s setup and use. We particularly enjoy the way you can categorize your lists so that users get the most out of your website and email alerts.
Drip offers a 14-day free trial and a single monthly plan that runs from $19 to $1,599 depending on how many contacts you have.
Here are some examples of price ranges:
- Up to 500 contacts — $19 per month
- 501 to 2,000 contacts — $29 per month
- 2,001 to 2,500 contacts — $39 per month
- 2,501 to 3,000 contacts — $49 per month