When we start talking about the hosting industry, DreamHost is one of the companies that come to mind. It was founded in 1996, and that makes it one of the oldest hosting companies.
In all solutions, tons of features are provided like security support, easy WordPress installation, and daily website backup, etc.
DreamHost also has a unique relationship with WordPress, offering various add-ons with one-click instant installation. DreamHost is now an open-source technology and is firmly committed to helping a customer. They offer all types of hosting such as Shared Hosting, VPS hosting, WordPress Hosting, Dedicated Hosting, and Cloud Hosting.
Today’s article will review DreamHost: its features, pros & cons, pricing, and see if it is worth hosting your website on it.
DreamHost Review Summary:
- Uptime: >99.90%
- Load Time: 330ms
- Free SSL: Yes
- Free Domain Name: Yes
- Security: 5/5
- Support: 5/5
DreamHost is an award-winning and oldest web hosting company so they know how to offer the best quality web hosting with many benefits, features, and plans.
Few hosts offer a 100% uptime guarantee, but Dreamhost is one of them. This means that they have a lot of pressure on their shoulders to constantly offer it to their users. The service offers shared hosting, VPS, and dedicated plans that include a 14-day free trial period so you can explore all that DreamHost has to offer before spending a penny. Once you get used to its panel, you will discover that it has infinite features and tools.
Green Web Hosting Company
DreamHost company is one of those trying to reduce the amount of carbon dioxide emitted into the atmosphere. They use renewable energy to power their accommodation and also use advanced cooling systems for their servers. If you want speed and green web hosting, you won’t make a mistake by choosing DreamHost.
Open Source Platform
DreamHost provides open source software that contributes to code snippet creation, which is great for business and developers. They are creating code libraries and databases.
Performance & Uptime
DreamHost provides many speed optimizations to its servers.
The company uses the latest SSD technology, speed-optimized servers, and resource protection to improve reliability to positively affect performance.
Users also get a 100% Uptime Guarantee and 24/7 technical support via email and chat.
DreamHost’s email service includes antispam, but no antimalware protection. Apart from that, we appreciate its focus on other aspects of website security. An easy-to-find link in the cPanel allows you to update the .htaccess file to control site access or create a password. You can restrict spiders from indexing areas of your site that you don’t want indexed by search engines. DreamHost also provides free Secure-Socket Layer (SSL) certificates, which are a must-have for anyone selling anything online.
Customers can also use DreamHost’s malware detection/removal, encryption certificates, and domain privacy tools.
DreamHost Review: Plans & Prices
DreamHost features a few web hosting products that are suitable for the majority of users. The following is an in-depth look at the many web hosting services DreamHost offers:
1. DreamHost WordPress Hosting
As we all know, WordPress is the most popular and used CMS platform, and every hosting provider should have a pricing plan solution optimized for it.
WordPress hosting is by far the most popular service provided by DreamHost to its customers. It is popular for a reason, and DreamHost specially customized most of their tools and technology for WordPress compatibility.
It is also officially recommended by WordPress.org. You can also purchase WordPress hosting on DreamHost for a starting cost of $2.59 per month.
Dreamhost offers 4 types of WordPress hosting plans like Starter, Basic, Plus, and Advanced. If you are willing to buy WordPress hosting for your starter website, then the initial WordPress hosting plan is the right one for you. A basic WordPress hosting plan is best suited for your blog and small website.
For a website with moderate traffic, you can buy the Plus WordPress hosting plan and for a website with high traffic, you can buy the advanced WordPress hosting plan.
Common features in all WordPress hosting plans are email hosting, 24/7 support, and a user-friendly custom Cpanel.
Your website will benefit from a number of key features if you choose WordPress hosting, including:
- Free privacy protection
- Free domain with annual plans
- Free email hosting
- Advanced and easy-to-use Cpanel
- Free SSL certificate
- Automated backups
3. VPS Hosting
If you have a higher expectation of website performance and your website demands great resources, don’t hesitate to buy Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting. VPS hosting is usually more expensive than shared hosting, as it offers server resources dedicated to you.
The plans are optimized in speed and guarantee 100% uptime. You get the latest SSD technology and scalable RAM option, which can come in handy when your website starts to grow, with just one click.
VPS hosting offers 4 different pricing plans, including:
- Basic VPS plan — It is the best plan for new and small websites. This plan costs you $10 per month if you get it for 3 years. The basic VPS plan includes 1GB of RAM, 30GB of storage, unlimited domains and unlimited hosted domains, Linux Ubuntu operating system with fully managed services.
- VPS Business Plan — It has more advanced features than Basic VPS. This plan is best suited for small businesses. You can buy the Business VPS Plan for $20 per month if you are 3 years old. Includes 2GB of RAM, 60GB of storage, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Professional VPS plan — If you are looking for VPS hosting for resource-intensive sites, choose the Professional VPS plan. This plan costs you $40 per month. It includes 4GB of RAM and 120GB of storage and also unlimited bandwidth.
- Business plan — This plan is suitable for high traffic and resource-demanding websites. This plan costs you $80 per month. It is equipped with 8GB of RAM and 240GB of storage with unlimited bandwidth.
4. Dedicated Hosting
Dedicated hosting is perfect for high-traffic websites, large eCommerce sites, agencies with high profile clients, reseller hosting, etc. Dedicated servers give your website excellent speed and reliability.
DreamHost offers a dedicated server for only $149 per month. The complete dedicated hosting package includes a 100% uptime guarantee, DDoS protection, RAID1 storage, 24/7 support and server monitoring, and full root and shell access (SSH).
DreamHost offers the maximum RAM capacity is 64GB which is higher than Godaddy, HostGator, and Bluehost.
If you are a web designer and developer, you can buy a dedicated server to host your client’s website on your own server.
5. Cloud Hosting
DreamHost offers SSH in less than 30 seconds. You can change any part of your server at any time with your Open Stack compliant API requests via command-line tools. DreamHost can help you a lot if your company needs the private cloud to achieve sufficient growth.
DreamHost offers 3 cloud server hosting plans such as 512MB RAM server, 2GB RAM server, and 8GB RAM server.
All plans include 1v CPU, 80GB SSD, free bandwidth, 100GB block storage, and the cost is $4.50 per month. While the 2GB and 8GB servers have the same features instead of their maximum cost of $12 per month and $48 per month.
Billing & Payment Options
Any DreamHost hosting plan can be paid monthly or annually. With the annual option, you get small savings.
When it comes to paying for services, DreamHost offers a variety of options:
- Credit/Debit Card (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, and Diners Club)
- Electronic Check / ACH
- Check or Money Order
Money Back Guarantee
A 97-day money-back guarantee also gives you that confidence in case the service doesn’t meet your expectations.
DreamHost Review: Pros & Cons
Here’s DreamHost review structured with Pros & Cons, ideal use cases, and alternatives based on our customer experience:
- Affordable Pricing: DreamHost is one of the most affordable web hosting providers on the market today. They provide a nice variety of pricing plans you can customize to pay for in either monthly or annual installments.
- Outstanding Support: Customer service is industry-best. We’ve never had a problem that wasn’t solved by them almost immediately.
- 100% Uptime Guarantee: DreamHost provides excellent performance and speed, which will permanently improve the quality of your website
- Automated integrations: For select CMS alternatives, such as WordPress, MediaWiki, and Joomla, DreamHost offers automatic integration and one-click installation.
- 97-day Money-Back Guarantee: DreamHost has one of the most generous money-back guarantees in the hosting industry, with a 97-day guarantee. You will receive a refund if you cancel within 97 days of sign up.
- Extra fee for advance feature: Some hosting features within the dashboard cost extra.
- Custom Dashboard: DreamHost uses a custom dashboard. This may be a disadvantage to those who are used to cPanel.
- No email account with the starter plan: Email accounts are not included in the Shared Starter plan, but they are reasonably priced.
DreamHost’s one of the most popular web hosting companies around and one that we consistently recommend, however, that does not mean they are the best choice for everyone. So, If DreamHost isn’t your choice let’s see the list of DreamHost alternatives below:
|Hosting Providers||Rank||Price from||Visit the Website|
|1st 🥇||$2.75/month||Go to Bluehost|
|2nd 🥈||$2.95/month||Go to GreenGeeks|
|3rd 🥉||$3.95/month||Go to SiteGround|
|4th 🏅||$4.99/month||Go to Inmotion|
|5th 🏆||$2.75/month||Go to HostGator|
Overall, DreamHost satisfied far too many customers by providing the best managed services, 100% uptime, and a 97-day money-back guarantee.
This hosting provider may be a suitable choice for many folks. A huge number of individuals will be attracted by reasonable prices, reliable service, and generous unlimited storage and bandwidth policy.
✓ Free domain name for 1st year
✓ Free SSL certificate
✓ Fast loading speed
✓ 99.90% uptime
✓ Fast SSD storage
✓ One-click installer for WordPress
✓ Free 24/7 lifetime support
✓ 97 days Money Back Guarantee
✓ Managed WordPress
✓ Small to large websites
✓ eCommerce websites
✓ Web developers