As the popularity of WordPress websites continues to expand, an increasing number of businesses, both new and old, have decided to enter the managed WordPress hosting industry.
Flywheel is the best managed WordPress hosting provider among others. They focus on providing WordPress hosting features that are specifically geared towards designers, creative agencies, and developers, although anyone can and will enjoy it.
In today’s article, we’ll go over on Flywheel review of the features, pricing, and Flywheel pros and cons, so that you can determine if it is the right managed WordPress host for you, whether you are an everyday developer, designer, or site owner.
Flywheel WordPress Hosting Overviews:
- Uptime: >99.99%
- Load Time: 440 ms
- Automatic Backups: Yes
- Security: 5/5
- Support: 5/5
Flywheel Review – WordPress Specific Features
Flywheel was acquired by WP Engine on June 24, 2019. It was one of the first WordPress managed hostings to dive in and focus on optimizing a platform specifically for freelancers and agencies.
A managed WordPress hosting will also provide you with additional tools such as automated nightly backups and WordPress upgrades to assist you to manage your sites (or rather, help Flywheel manage them for you). Plus, whenever you need assistance, their WordPress specialists are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
- Blazing Fast speed: Flywheel’s infrastructure is designed to provide maximum uptime and lightning-fast page speeds for your WordPress site. They can instantly ramp up to meet traffic spikes, surges, and everything in between due to their container technology, which is powered by the Google Cloud Platform.
- Free Site Migration: Ready to switch your hosting but don’t want to spend time moving your site? Flywheel helps you get your sites up and running quickly with a choice of simple migration methods. You can choose to do it yourself with their free WordPress plugin or give them a few details about your site and their WordPress experts will take care of the rest. Whether you have one site or a hundred, there is no downtime, no extra price, and no concern!
- FlyCache: FlyCache is a proprietary caching technology developed by Flywheel with the goal of making WordPress sites load faster. It is customized for the most common themes and plugins, ensuring that your site is cached (or not!) at the appropriate times.
- Free SSL Certificate: You’ll get free SSL certification when you host your sites on Flywheel, in addition to the blazing-fast speeds and global availability that come with their powerful cloud-based platform. There will be no more bouncing between your host and a third-party service. All you have to do now is choose a plan and everything else will fall into place.
- Free CDN: Every site receives a world-class CDN (Content Delivery Network) at no additional cost, Flywheel guarantees your site visitors from all around the world experience lightning-fast page loads (not blank loading screens).
- Security: Their rock-solid platform was carefully designed from every perspective to safeguard your WordPress sites. That means you won’t have to worry about security plugins anymore, and you’ll have a lot more peace of mind! If hackers gain access to your site, they will not force you to upgrade your plans or pay a fee. They’ll put in a lot of effort to ensure that your sites are always safe and secure.
- Nightly Backups: Flywheel keeps backups of your site for 30 days on a separate server. They provide a list of each incremental backup along with details such as posts, pages, comments, plugins, and total uploads. You can also add notes, download a copy, or restore a backup.
- One-Click Staging: With Flywheel’s One-Click Staging, you can keep your experimentation apart from your production site. In a sandbox environment, you can try out new ideas without the need for plugins or a separate server. When you’re ready, just push your modifications into production with a single click.
- Data Centers: Flywheel is dedicated to providing unparalleled page speeds for a global audience, with data centers all over the world. Whether you’re a company in Manila, a freelancer in Sydney with European clients, or a blogger in Asia, Flywheel’s data centers allow you to host your sites wherever you choose, assuring the fastest possible speeds for both you and your users.
Flywheel + Genesis Framework
The Genesis Framework allows you to quickly and easily create stunning WordPress websites. Genesis delivers the safe and search engine optimization (SEO) that drives WordPress to places you never imagined it could go, whether you’re a beginner or an advanced developer. You also get premium StudioPress themes and the Genesis Framework with any hosting plan on Flywheel!
These themes make it extremely simple to create stunning, responsive WordPress sites, and they minimize the need for Flywheel users to acquire additional premium themes.
Flywheel + Google Analytics
For website owners who want to improve their content marketing strategies, obtain a better understanding of their audience, and maximize their conversion rates, Google Analytics is a useful tool. It will give you an overview of how your website performs and how visitors behave can help you make smarter decisions as you build your business.
Flywheel has added Google Analytics with the data you need to understand your users’ behaviors and tailor your web strategy to focus on what matters most.
Simply link your Google Analytics account to this free Add-on tool, and you can monitor your user behavior and traffic in one easy-to-use dashboard. That’s why they sift through all of the data so you can focus on your company’s most crucial indicators and growth!
You know you’ve done it – you’ve created a spreadsheet that has all of your customer passwords in one spot. Flywheel eliminates all of that. Collaborate with your team and client quickly without the hassle of sharing and storing passwords.
From within your Flywheel account, you may manage collaborators. It’s as easy as entering a person’s email address to invite them. They’ll have immediate access to the site, as well as SFTP access, once they create their own free Flywheel account.
The advantage of FlyWheel’s collaborator is that it minimizes the necessity for password sharing. You can add coworkers and clients as collaborators, and they’ll be able to manage their own accounts while still having full access to the shared site. You, as the owner, have the ability to revoke access at any time.
The actual issue for any web hosting provider is to have excellent after-sales assistance to its customers. Flywheel has a specialized staff who can help with both general and WordPress-specific issues that are available 24/7.
You can reach them by email, support tickets, online chat, and social media platforms, among other methods. The company representatives are always monitoring their social media accounts and frequently resolve minor issues in a matter of minutes.
Flywheel essentially offers 2 different types of plans. It has plans that are mainly used for Managed WordPress Hosting, and others focused on agencies under the Growth Suite. Higher-priced plans include more options, and there is the option of custom plans that can be modified on a large scale to the needs of potential customers.
Managed WordPress hosting keeps your sites fast, safe, and trustworthy, while also providing you with the workflow tools you need to develop attractive websites for yourself and your clients. See the price tier below:
Growth Suite provides your agency with the tools it needs to grow: client and site management, billing software, and revenue analytics.
✓ Optimized for WordPress
✓ Free site migration
✓ Blazing-fast site speed
✓ Free SSL Certificate
✓ Nightly website backups
✓ Multiple data center
✓ Easy SFTP access
✓ Malware Scan & Remove
✓ WordPress Expert Support
✓ Free StudioPress Themes
✓ 30-day money-back guarantee
✗ Limited traffic for tiny plan
✗ Expensive for beginners
✗ Fewer development tools
Flywheel becomes a top-rated premium managed WordPress hosting company. For freelancers, designers, developers, and creative agencies, it is the greatest option. With over 70k small and large clients under its belt, Flywheel has established a reputation for dedication and skill.
Unlike other shared hosting providers that demand the website owner to somehow repair a hacked site, which is generally beyond the ability of any hobbyist website owner, Flywheel stands by its commitments to keep their site up and running.
So, If you are looking the WordPress hosting that is fast, secure, and helps you scale your business to the next level, Flywheel is the best option.