A managed WordPress hosting is all about access to advanced features and helps you get the best speed performance from your WordPress website. WP Engine, in particular, has an excellent reputation as a web hosting provider.
In this article, we’ll give you a review of WP Engine to help you decide if it is good for your WordPress website needs. We’ll take a look at WP Engine specific features, pricing of this hosting provider, as well as the pros and cons of WP Engine.
WP Engine Web Hosting Overviews:
- Uptime: >99.00%
- Load Time: 440 ms
- Automatic Backups: Yes
- Security: 5/5
- Support: 5/5
WP Engine Review – Specific Features
WP Engine is well known in WordPress-specific hosts. It has been around since 2010 and currently serves more than 90,000 clients. It may not seem like a large number compared to other web hosting providers. However, it is important to note that WP Engine is targeting a very specific niche: For those who need a managed WordPress hosting.
In terms of functions, WP Engine comes with many advantages. It offers an internal migration plugin, access to test sites, the ability to pass billing to clients, SSH support, managed WordPress security, and more. On top of that, it acquired StudioPress in 2018, along with the Genesis framework. This means that WP Engine customers get access to a large number of premium themes along with their subscriptions.
- Speed Performance: WP Engine focuses on sending information with WordPress. This means that if you are using WordPress, your connection is the best. There are no distractions from other websites. Their average running speed has to be just over a second.
- Free website migration: With their free automated plugin, you can move your existing website in minutes and experience WP Engine risk-free with a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Automated backups: To help protect your data, WP Engine offers both automated and manual backups. These can be used for automated restores, as well as being downloaded and copied to different environments. By default, backups are available for all WP Engine setups (Production, Staging, Development, and Legacy Staging). They back up your website on a daily basis to provide you peace of mind in case you run into any site troubles.
- Free CDN & SSL certificate: WP Engine makes it simple to use CDN and SSL to scale your site and keep your transactions safe—just install them with a single click.
- Global Data Centers: We recommend selecting a data center that is close to the majority of your website’s traffic. Because the website data is physically closer together, this server location can reduce round-trip time delay for domestic users, allowing the site to load faster. This improved visitor performance also helps SEO by providing a better user experience. The faster your site loads, the better your SEO will be and the more conversions you’ll get. So WP Engine gets you covered. They have servers all around the world, including the United States, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and Asia-Pacific.
- One-Click Staging: One of the advantages of using WP Engine for WordPress hosting is the option to set up a one-click staging site directly from your WordPress Admin Dashboard. A one-click staging site is a quick and easy way to test plugins, themes, and custom code on your live production site. After making changes, you can copy the one-click staging site back to the live site at any time.
- WordPress Core update: WordPress is always growing, and WP Engine strives to provide a secure platform. All major updates are handled automatically to keep sites up to date, and smaller changes are tested before being recommended.
- StudioPress Themes: Build an outstanding mobile responsive, create your WordPress website with over 10 easy-to-use premium themes powered by their Genesis Framework, which are all included in your WP Engine plan.
- Developer Tools: WP Engine is a strong winner in the WordPress hosting demand skills to its one-click development area. WP Engine development tools include Git version control and one-click restore options.
You need a reliable service that delivers results. You don’t want your customers to see your website because that will put them off. Most web hosting services guarantee uptime in excess of 95% uptime.
However, those small percentages of potential downtime can still make a big difference. When looking at WP Engine uptime, Its uptime rate is competitive at 99.99%. They are constantly striving for perfection in this area, so there is a good chance they will hit the 100% mark in a year or two. This means that the WP Engine is only idle for a maximum of 10 hours per year. That is pretty amazing. It is almost impossible for your website visitors to experience any downtime.
Free StudioPress Themes
WP Engine recently acquired StudioPress, and now all of their themes are included with all WP Engine hosting plans. With StudioPress’s easy-to-use premium themes, you can now create an exceptional digital experience for your WordPress site.
Thanks to the Genesis Framework, all Studio Press themes also search engine optimized and have locked-down security measures. Furthermore, every StudioPress theme is Gutenberg-ready, which is quite useful for further improving the content design and editing process.
Genesis comes with all of the necessary features to let you design stunning WordPress sites:
- Fast loading theme
- Mobile responsive
- High-quality code
- Community support
- Included in all WP Engine Plan (Usually worth $100 – $150)
A winning customer support
The WP Engine support team is specifically trained in WordPress, so they know the system like the back of their hand. They are so well versed that they have specialty areas that can receive and treat specific problems. Their website has several full FAQ articles. If you are looking for general information or a quick response, there is also a chat section. Support is offered 24/7, via live chat and email.
If you want to speak to a live person, you must call between 7 am and 7 pm CST. If you need help on a specific topic, you must log into your account.
WP Engine Pricing
As you may assume, WP Engine is not a cheap web hosting because it only offers a managed service. Here’s how much each of your plans will cost you, as well as what you’ll get in return.
|Hosting Plan||SSD Storage||Bandwidth||No. of Site||Visit/mo||Price/mo|
|Startup||10 GB||50 GB||1||25K||$22.50|
|Professional||15 GB||125 GB||3||75K||$44.25|
|Growth||20 GB||200 GB||10||100K||$86.25|
|Scale||50 GB||500 GB||30||400K||$217.50|
*If you need more firepower, you can contact WP Engine and set up a Custom Plan (but if you have to ask how much these plans cost, they are probably not for you).
Every WP Engine plan includes all of the features listed above. That means you’ll have access to a premium theme collection, best speed performance, premium support, Free CDN, SSL certifications, and more.
To be honest, the WP Engine Start-up plan is probably not ideal for the majority of users. Despite its numerous advantages, there are various competing managed web servers that provide comparable plans at a low cost like Flywheel and DreamHost.
Instead of WP Engine really starts to shine for its Growth and Scale plans. They are more expensive, but it is due to the fact that they are not designed for personal use or small websites. Those prices start to look very reasonable if you’re a WordPress developer, a large-scale business, and an agency.
Please keep in mind that the pricing listed above is only valid if you pay on a monthly basis. WP Engine will minimize the total price by two months if you commit to annual payments.
You can get started with WP Engine for a managed WordPress Hosting (3 months for free) with our link here.
WP Engine Pros & Cons
✓ Best managed WP hosting
✓ Automated site migration
✓ Top Security Protection
✓ Daily website backups
✓ Use EverCache Technology
✓ Free Global CDN
✓ Free Hacked Sites Fixed
✓ Expert WordPress Support
✓ Free StudioPress Themes
✓ 60-day money-back guarantee
✗ Overall costly over others
✗ No email service
✗ Limit some plugins
When choosing a WordPress web hosting primarily in terms of price. When you start looking at choices like WP Engine, though, it typically indicates that budget isn’t an issue. That could be because you want to make money from your websites, or because your work involves development and design.
WP Engine is expensive when it comes to premium WordPress web hosting. However, unlike other popular web hosting, all of their plans offer essentially the same set of features.
WP Engine may not be the ideal choice if you only plan to host a small website. WP Engine, on the other hand, becomes a good solution if you need to manage several projects and have access to a fast WordPress compatible web server. If you’re hosting an enterprise-grade site, it’s also a good choice because you’ll benefit from the managed features, enhanced performance, increased security, scalablity.